Art Therapist Opening
Are you a clinician who is passionate about using the creative arts to spark a positive change in others? Are you a creative, out-of the-box thinker, who finds joy in sharing clinical ideas with others? Are you looking for a place to help you grow professionally and creatively? If so, Infinity is looking for you! We are looking for an art therapist to join our team. We want your ideas, your energy, and passion! (You must provide proof that you have the necessary credentials to practice art therapy in the state of CT. We prefer an ATR-BC but are willing to work with an ATR.)
We are open to hiring a part-time clinician (employee) as well as an independent contractor. We are looking for someone who is willing to dedicate time to helping us grow access to art therapy services in the state of Connecticut. We intermittently receive art therapy referrals. We are looking for a clinician who is ready and willing to grow with us to build a full caseload.
*You deserve the honest truth about a position. We welcome any and all questions related to work responsibilities, pay, benefits, workplace culture etc. Please do not hesitate to contact Jona Jeffcoat, MT-BC, Director of Services at (860) 518-5557 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this position.*
Hours: This position will start at part-time with as little as one (1) session per week. We need a dedicated clinician who is ready to help us build access to art therapy services. Once we have a dedicated clinician, we will collaboratively to market services and work toward expanding the caseload. Our goal is to build this into a full-time position. The work week is comprised of direct client contact, office hours for planning and documentation, team meetings as appropriate, traveling in between clients, and may include some paid commute time to and from work (based upon client location in relation to your home address).
Schedule: We are able to offer a flexible start date for the right clinician. Once we have an art therapist on our team, we will begin to market services. This position will include daytime, afternoon, and evening hours based upon the needs of our clients. Please note that employees will have a schedule that is built to a five (5) day work week with two (2) consecutive days off. We prefer someone who is able to work Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday. Independent contractors will be able to schedule clients based upon their availability but we are looking for someone who is able to conduct sessions consistently. This position does require some flexibility in order to make up cancelled sessions as appropriate or attend team meetings for the clients you will be serving. The vast majority of our clients request services between 3:00pm-7:00pm at night during the week or on 9:30am-4:30pm on the weekends. As a member of our team, you will be expected to intermittently attend team meetings at our Southington clinic on Tuesday mornings from 9:15am-11:15am. Days will vary in length.
Location: This caseload will include sessions conducted at our Southington clinic. We are looking for a clinician that is willing to travel to homes, schools, and facilities throughout the state. Cases will be scheduled based upon location to keep you in one main area on a given day. As you grow with us, your caseload will condense into one primary county. You may be asked to travel outside of your normal treatment radius for one time events or to assist with marketing events (employees only).
Team-based Model: We prefer to work with someone who is interested in employment with Infinity rather than contracting in order to fully adhere to our team-based model. Due to constraints of contracting, contractors are restricted from participating in some company activities. We believe in coming together to make agency decisions, collaborate on cases, participate in team-trainings, and engage in self-care. This means that we co-treat on cases, any member of our team may provide supervision as requested by another member of our team, and we work collaboratively to cover cases to ensure that when a member of our team is off, they can focus 100% on self-care. A supervisor is always on call, so you will never handle tough decisions alone. Employees with a steady caseload are provided a work cellphone so even if you are “alone” in the field, you are never really alone.
Salary: (For Employees) Following a training period at an hourly rate, you will be transitioned to a pay per visit schedule. Once your schedule reaches ten (10) clinical hours/ week, you will be transition to a salaried schedule. Our full-time salary starts at $40k/yr plus benefits; part-time staff are paid a proportionate salary to their schedule. Pay is based on a variety of factors including experience in our target populations, advanced trainings, and other skills you may possess. We believe in financial stability for our team. Our salaried team members receive their full salary regardless of inclement weather closings, school vacations, client cancellations, or holidays impacting their schedule. Your pay per visit schedule factors in compensation for planning time, commute time between clients, and even your time prepping art supplies.(For contractors) As an independent contractor with Infinity, we will look to you to learn about what your rates are for individual and group services. Negotiations will be conducted as appropriate.
Responsibilities: As a member of our team, you will be expected to provide individual and group art therapy sessions to children and adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, neurological needs, wellness needs, etc. You will be expected to write treatment plans, keep accurate data, write clinical reports, and ensure that client schedules are maintained. As an employee, you will participate in treatment team meetings, assist with team functions including marketing events , and complete general administrative tasks such as keeping your time sheet and maintaining client budget spreadsheets. As an independent contractor, you will submit invoices for services a minimum of one (1) time monthly and communicate with a representative from Infinity monthly to ensure cases are being conducted according to the outlined contract. In addition, you may be asked to fulfill non-clinical responsibilities such as teaching art lessons or providing art enrichment groups. Your caseload will predominately be art therapy sessions.
Populations/ Types of Sessions: The biggest populations served at Infinity include children diagnosed with Autism, Down Syndrome, and communication disorders, children in foster care with and without a mental health diagnosis, and adults with developmental disabilities within a group home or day program setting. Our services are spread out between being in clinic, in home, in school, and in group home settings. We also receive referrals for adults in memory care settings, drug and alcohol rehab, children and adults with problem sexual behaviors, and individuals without a diagnosis looking for art enrichment/ art lessons. Our sessions are evenly divided between group and individual settings. We receive intermittent referrals for art therapy/ art lessons and we are looking for a reliable and dedicated team member so we can officially market and grow these services.
Benefits: Please note that we are unable to offer independent contractors benefits per IRS guidelines. We are proud to offer our employees a variety of benefits. At Infinity, we believe in opportunities for growth and we look to increase benefits for our staff as their caseload grows and they dedicate time to Infinity. Our benefits packages typically run from $3k-$7k based upon whether an employee is part-time or full-time and the number of years they have dedicated to Infinity.
Our benefits for our part-time staff include:
- Professional liability insurance (at hire)
- Comprehensive lending library of art materials including paints, markers, hot glue guns, brushes, oil pastels, and more (at hire)
- Monthly self-care workshops (once schedule reaches 10hrs/week)
- Access to group rates for AFLAC (after 90 days of employment)
- Health Insurance Reimbursement (with a minimum work week of 20hrs and after 90 days of employment)
- Stipend for continuing education (once schedule reaches 10hrs/week an after 90 days of employment)
- Paid Time Off (once salaried and after 6-months of employment)
- Paid Holidays falling on a regular workday (once salaried)
- Paid leave for continuing education (once salaried and after 6-months of employment)
- Group and individual supervision (at hire)
- Certification fees (after 90 days of employment)
- Continuing Education tracking assistance (at hire)
- Work Cell Phone (once part-time schedule is established))
- Office and art supplies (at hire)
- Free coffee/ tea at our clinic (at hire-sometimes it’s the little things!)
- Opportunities for growth including being able to represent Infinity as a presenter at local and national conferences, assisting in designing programs, supervising interns, assisting with marketing, etc.
Infinity’s Claim to Fame: We believe we are the future of healthcare and we’d love for you to be part of that journey. Here are some of our team’s accomplishments:
- Only practice in the state of CT offering Music Therapy Assisted Childbirth (MTACB) and Music Therapy Creative Arts Birth Education (MTCAB)
- Featured on NBC CT
- Featured on Forget Dis’ Podcast, The Record Journal (local newspaper), The Day (local newspaper), MusicTherapyEd.com, and Your Mind Matters Radio Show
- Presented as a team on self-care in the workplace at the NERAMTA Conference
- Our team presents 15+ times a year at the local and national level regarding the applications of music in healthcare
- Our Director of Services has 3 CMTE courses through the Spiegal Academy
- We have supported 20 interns through 3 different internship/ field study programs
This position is for you if….
- You have experience working with children and adults with developmental disabilities.
- You love getting feedback (how else do we grow?).
- You love giving feedback to others and growing as a team.
- You are confident in your art skills and counseling skills.
- A full inbox is a nightmare! You are quick to respond to emails, texts, and phone calls.
- You are comfortable commuting to your sessions and you have reliable transportation.
- You are committed to growing your clinical skills.
- You can effectively communicate in written and spoken English.
- You are a flexible, go with the flow type of person.
- You are a strong clinical writer.
- You are interested in helping build art therapy programs from the ground up
We definitely want to hear from you if…
- You are comfortable using sign language within art therapy.
- You speak Spanish.
- You are able to balance your work and your personal life and actively utilize self-care strategies.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You understand the nature of private practice.
- You have worked with children and adults.
This position is NOT for you if…
- You constantly have “last minute” things that pop up.
- The thought of asking a question to a supervisor makes you nervous.
- You are not comfortable with traveling to your appointments.
- You are not willing to commit to a minimum of a year of service. (We need someone to grow with us that we can help support professionally and who wants to make a strong difference in our clients’ lives.)
- You are disorganized.
- You believe private practice is a “starter job”.
To Apply: To be considered for this position, please submit the following information to Jona Jeffcoat, MT-BC, Director of Services at email@example.com. Questions regarding the position can also be directed to the same email account or you can contact her at (860) 518-5557.
- Cover Letter: Please include why you think you would be good fit with our practice, your available start date, and what populations you are comfortable serving
- Current Resume: include information about the clientele you have served at any sites you have worked at
- A paragraph of what you expect from a supervisor
- A typed sample 45-min session plan for an 8-year-old with Autism who has needs in the area of fine motor skills and communication including two (2) goals with two (2) objectives each
- A typed sample 45-min session plan for a group of 15-year old adolescents in therapy for anger management. Please include two (2) goals with two (2) objectives each
- A short video demonstrating one of your favorite art therapy interventions with verbal explanations on how you would implement the intervention
Clinic LocationsMain Office:
196 Queen St.
Southington, CT 06489
125 Shaw St.
New London, CT 06320
Contact UsGeneral Questions/ Referrals:
Main Line (860) 518-5557
Fax (888) 200-4093
Contact Bryce at (860) 373-4830